Center for Educator Preparation and Certification Services
Welcome to the Center for Educator Preparation and Certification Services.
The College of Education, Humanities, and Behavioral Sciences is the educator preparation program responsible for teacher education. Within the context of other units of the University, the College of Education, Humanities, and Behavioral Sciences’ mission is consistent with the teaching, research, extension and public service mission of the University.
The teaching mission is to prepare P-12 teacher candidates and other school personnel to be effective educators as service professionals with knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions that help all students learn and that lead to a State of Alabama Professional Educator’s Certificate. The research mission is to promote and facilitate the development and dissemination of high-quality knowledge, abilities, and professional dispositions relating to effective teaching and learning. The service mission is to establish and maintain collaborations and partnerships that facilitate changes to improve education.
The conceptual framework of the educator preparation program at Alabama A&M University has grown out of a rich tradition of preparing teachers for North Alabama, for the southern region, and for the nation. The University’s mission of teaching, research, and public service provides the context for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the conceptual framework for the preparation of teachers and other school personnel. The framework is based on national, state, and institutional standards. Candidate cohort and unit data that has been collected and analyzed and shared with school partners.
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation: CAEP ANNUAL REPORTING MEASURES
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation: CAEP Annual Accountability Measures
Additional data for Measure 4.1 is currently under development/not yet available due to the limited number of completers submitting data results. The EPP plans to contact the completers after school system testing and data for the measure are expected to become available to the public by June 30, 2022.Back to Top
- TITLE II REPORTS
TITLE II REPORTS
- 2021 Title II Report, Traditional (2019-2020)
- 2021 Title II Report, Alternative (2019-2020)
- 2020 Title II Report, Traditional (2018-2019)
- 2020 Title II Report, Alternative (2018-2019)
- Title II Report, Traditional (2017-18)
- Title II Report, Traditional (2016-17)
- Title II Report, Alternative (2017-18)
- Title II Report, Alternative (2016-17)
- ALSDE Educator Preparation - Alabama A&M Report Cards
ALSDE Educator Preparation - Alabama A&M Report Cards
- ALSDE Educator Preparation - Alabama A&M Report Card (September 2021)
- ALSDE Educator Preparation - Alabama A&M Report Card (September 2020)
- ALSDE Educator Preparation - Alabama A&M Report Card (September 2019)
- ALSDE Educator Preparation - Alabama A&M Report Card (September 2018)
- Active Certification Programs
Active Certification Programs
Educator Preparation Provider State Approved Programs (Revised 9-1-2020)Back to Top
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Student Resources
- EPP Faculty Resource Sign-In
- Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE)
- ALSDE Basic Skills Assessments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Alabama Educator Certification Testing Program (AECTP)
- LiveText by Watermark
- Council for the Accreditation for Teacher Preparation (CAEP)
- Praxis Tests
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software