Center for Educator Preparation and Certification Services
Welcome to the Center for Educator Preparation and Certification Services.
The College of Education, Humanities, and Behavioral Sciences is the educator preparation program responsible for teacher education. Within the context of other units of the University, the College of Education, Humanities, and Behavioral Sciences’ mission is consistent with the teaching, research, extension and public service mission of the University.
The teaching mission is to prepare P-12 teacher candidates and other school personnel to be effective educators as service professionals with knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions that help all students learn and that lead to a State of Alabama Professional Educator’s Certificate. The research mission is to promote and facilitate the development and dissemination of high-quality knowledge, abilities, and professional dispositions relating to effective teaching and learning. The service mission is to establish and maintain collaborations and partnerships that facilitate changes to improve education.
The conceptual framework of the educator preparation program at Alabama A&M University has grown out of a rich tradition of preparing teachers for North Alabama, for the southern region, and for the nation. The University’s mission of teaching, research, and public service provides the context for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the conceptual framework for the preparation of teachers and other school personnel. The framework is based on national, state, and institutional standards. Candidate cohort and unit data that has been collected and analyzed and shared with school partners.
- CAEP Annual Measures (Spring 2020)
- Title II Report, Traditional (2018-19)
- Title II Report, Alternative (2018-19)
- ALSDE Educator Preparation - Alabama A&M Report Card (September 2019)
- CAEP Annual Report Measures (Spring 2019)
- Educator Preparation Institutional Report Card (September 2018)
- Title II Report, Traditional (2017-18)
- Title II Report, Traditional (2016-17)
- Title II Report, Alternative (2017-18)
- Title II Report, Alternative (2016-17)
Active Certification Programs
Certification Program List (updated 9/22/2018)
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Student Resources
- Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE)
- ALSDE Basic Skills Assessments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Alabama Educator Certification Testing Program (AECTP)
- LiveText by Watermark
- Council for the Accreditation for Teacher Preparation (CAEP)
- Praxis Tests
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software