Wi-Fi: Additional Resources
Try these connectivity links ...
In light of the preparations to contain the Coronavirus 2019 and in attempts to remedy some of the unforeseen events linked to the virus, please find below some information that might assist those who are experiencing Internet/Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
Possible "connectivity" for students who don't have it ...
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
- Low-cost options for high-speed Internet for Alabama students